Questions to Ask Before Buying a Sprinkler System Timer
We know the positive impact timers can have on a lawn irrigation system. Reliable lawn sprinkler timers take the guess work out of watering the lawn. Your lawn and garden will be delivered the water they need at the times you choose.
There are certainly questions you'll want to ask before deciding upon, and purchasing, your lawn sprinkler timer:
- "Can I set the lawn sprinkler timer to turn on during any time of the day?" Yes, the choice is up to you. However, it's a good idea to water the lawn during the early morning hours. This gives the lawn time to absorb the water and avoid the hotter times of the day when the water might evaporate too quickly.
- "Are there lawn sprinkler timers that can be operated from indoors?" Yes. In fact, Sprinkler System Store offers several timers that can be operated from indoors. The Orbit 91022 is a 12 station 3 program sprinkler timer. It can be used with all sprinkler heads and sprinkler timers and includes a rain delay feature.
- "What happens when it rains?" As mentioned above, there are sprinkler timers that include a rain delay feature that will automatically shut the sprinkler system off if it begins to rain.
- "Will a sprinkler timer work with all the zones of my lawn sprinkler system?" Yes. The timers are designed to send messages to all the zones in a lawn irrigation system.
- "Can I get a sprinkler timer that has a remote control?" Yes. Sprinkler System Store features many indoor and outdoor timers that have remote control.