Have you ever driven around town at night and noticed a house with well designed landscape lighting? Have you thought that you would love to do that with your home?
Well, you can! Exterior landscape lighting is not only beautiful, it is easier to do then you might think. Plus, there are many benefits as well.
Read on to find out how to transform the outside of your home with light!
There are a host of reasons that adding landscape lighting to the exterior of your home is a good idea. Here are just a few.
If you are looking for even more curb appeal, here are 23 more ways!
After you realize the wonderful benefits of exterior lighting, the next step is to choose the right places. Here are a few suggestions.
1. Place lighting at the bottom of a standout object in your yard, like a beautiful garden trellis or statue.
2. Have lights near the top line of the home pointing down to illuminate the driveway or walkway.
3. Position lights in various locations up in the trees to create a moonlight glow in the yard.
4. Increase the appeal and safety of any water feature such as a fountain or pool using spotlights.
If you have an in-ground pool, here are even more ideas on lighting.
1. Use lighting to highlight the architectural features of your home.
2. A low-wattage floodlight will create a 'washing' effect when aimed at a wall or a low row of shrubs.
3. If you like a more festive look, you can move away from the traditional white lights. Change the color of the bulbs to create a specific look or celebrate different holidays.
4. Create interesting shadows by placing lights at the base of trees or ornamental grasses and pointing towards the side of the home.
5. Provide safe passage around pathways by putting lights on the ground to guide those walking through.
If you are looking to have the greenest lawn in the neighborhood, here are watering tips for the summer.
The hottest trend today in outdoor landscaping is solar lighting. This option is cost effective as well as easy to use.
These wireless lights are powered by the sun and can be put almost anywhere. If you don't like the location, it is simple to move and try another spot.
There is also an added safety feature for kids and pets with no wires to pull or bite and lawn care is a breeze around them.
In addition to the beauty of landscape lights, a well-watered lawn is essential. Here are tips on how to choose the right water sprinkler.
There are few things more stunning then exterior outside lighting. It adds beauty, character, safety and curb appeal to any home.
With a few tips and your imagination, you too can create the look you have always wanted.
For more information on how to create and maintain a beautiful lawn, reach out.